It is just normal to dream. Some have BIG dreams, some little, but most of us have things we would like to accomplish. I have good news; you can have what you wish for.
God says in Psalm 37:4, “Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your heart’s desires.” If you spend time with God, abide in Him, and earnestly seek Him, His heart and your heart will come together on what your desires are. With God on your side, your plans will not fail.
I took a poll from a few people that I know to see what they dream of. Some of these people, I know very well, but didn’t know what was hidden in their hearts. Why? Because they don’t purse it. As our preacher said today, “There comes a time when you have to stop dreaming and go get what you desire.” Let me list for you what I found in my poll of dreams:
1. Sam – always wanted to play the drums, and he would like to have a RV.
2. Cecily – wants to travel.
3. Gussie – is happy with her life and how it is right now, but would like to have enough money to take care of everyone she knows.
4. Kathy – to honor God in all that she does.
5. Connie – hasn’t had time to think about it, because she is too busy taking care of everyone else.
6. Kayla – wants to become a makeup artist.
None of these are unachievable, if they have sought God’s Face and have come together with Him on their desires.
God flung the stars into the sky. He made everyone and everything. And He goes on to say, “So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask Him.” Matthew 7:11.
So, stop it! Stop walking around everyday with dreams in your heart. Pray, and with God’s help, go get them, if you don’t they will die in you.